In our recycling rooms there are marked up bins for all waste. We work together with the municipality to make sure we recycle in the right way. This means that the recycling at Vässarö might differ from the one at home – we do it according to the guidelines from Norrtälje municipality.
You find the recycling rooms in connection to your campsite, normally by the outhouses. If you can’t find the room, ask at the camp office and we will show you the way. At for example the sauna, in Fladan and along roads there are disposal bins to be used for smaller waste.
Since it’s not allowed to dig slush pits, it’s appropriate to strain the water from dish washing through a colander. Then pour the water out a bit into the forest. Use hot water for dish washing, than you can use very little dish soap – better for the nature.
- Food waste – preferably in compost bags – to be put in our green plastic bins. We empty them into a compst where it becomes dirt. No plastic bags in the bins.
- Batteries and small electronics – in the red box on the wall in the recycling rooms or at the program office and the dining hall.
- Bottles and cans – in marked up special bins in the recycling rooms and at the kiosk.
- Glass – dish wash them and put in bins in the recycling rooms.
- Metall –dish wash them and put in bins in the recycling rooms.